This article explains how to connect your NGP VAN account to your Hustle account. Only those with organization level admin access in Hustle can setup this integration.
NOTE: This integration is only for VAN My Campaign based platform such as Votebuilder or EveryAction 8. It does not work with NGP Classic, New NGP or EveryAction 7.
You will need to request the VAN API Key and Application Name through the VAN support ticketing system directly. To do this, you will need to be either an Admin or Voter File Manager (VFM). If you do not have this level of access to VAN, please contact your Admin or VFM to submit this request on your behalf.
While logged into VAN, head to the main menu and navigate to Administrative Menu > Integrations > API Integrations > Request an API Key.
Submit a ticket here to VAN asking for an API key to be issued for Hustle integration. Please make a note on the request if you require keys for multiple committees. You will need a different key from NGP VAN for each committee.
- While logged into the Hustle admin site, open your Organization Settings menu by clicking on the Settings tab on the left of the screen.
- Then click the Integrations tab, followed by "Add Integration" and select the appropriate integration type (VAN/My Campaign or VAN MyVoters) from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the integration then enter your NGP VAN Application Name and API Key.
NOTE: The integration name is visible to all admins during the upload process. We recommend using the name of the NGP VAN committee to which the key belongs.
During your next upload into Hustle, select the named VAN ID from the drop down menu as the column name for VAN IDs (MyC or MyM) in the upload file. We will also update any existing contact records with the new VAN ID.
With contacts now linked to their VAN IDs, the integration setup is complete.
- Hustle tags can be synced to activist codes and/or survey question responses
- When you sync a Hustle goal to a VAN Event ID, contacts will now be marked as "Left Message" when the first message is sent in a goal Goal and "Canvassed" when they are marked with an Action
- Actions (yes/no responses) in Hustle goals can now be tied to Event statuses and/or Survey Question responses