It's important that you opt someone out when they request it. Opting someone out will stop that number from receiving any future texts from your organization.
How to Opt-Out in Web App
How to Opt-Out in Mobile App
Tags as an opt-out reason
- In the Web App within the conversation window, you can go to the top right and click on Opt Out.
- You'll see a warning window pop up-- there, you can chose from the opt-out reasons. After choosing, click continue.
- In the next window, you can confirm the opt-out and continue on to the next lead in your workflow.
- In the conversation tab of the contact you wish to opt-out, click on Opt Out button on the top right corner.
- Select the "Opt out" option or click "skip adding the reason".
- A warning window will then show up and if you wish to continue, click on the "Opt Out" option. Then you're done!
With opt-out tags, you’ll be able to tag the lead with the reason for future reference for yourself and your agents! The following article will show you where and how to mark tags as an opt-out reason: How can I record an opt-out reason?.
NOTE: Before you press the opt out button, it is a good practice to let them know in a polite and friendly manner that you understand and are following their request. For example...
"Have a great day, I will opt you out of future texts from our organization now."
"Sorry about that, I will remove you from our group now."
"Thanks for letting me know, I will remove you from our contact list now."