It's important that you opt someone out when they request it. Opting someone out will stop that number from receiving any future texts from your organization.
How to Opt-Out in Web App
1) In the Web App: in the conversation window, you can go to the top right and click on "Opt Out".
2) You'll see a warning window pop up-- there, you can chose from the opt-out reasons. After choosing, click continue.
3) In the next window, you can confirm the opt-out and continue on to the next lead in your workflow.
How to Opt-Out in Mobile App
1) In the conversation tab of the contact you wish to opt-out, click on "Opt-Out" on the top right corner.
2) Select the "Opt out" option or click "skip adding the reason".
3) A warning window will then show up and if you wish to continue, click on the "Opt Out" option. Then you're done!
Want to designate some tags as an opt-out reason? You can!
With opt-out tags, you’ll be able to tag the lead with the reason for future reference for yourself and your agents! The following article will show you where and how to mark tags as an Opt-out reason.
Best Practice Tip 💡: Before you press the opt out button, it is a good practice to let them know in a polite and friendly manner that you understand and are following their request. For example--
- "Have a great day, I will opt you out of future texts from our organization now"
- "Sorry about that, I will remove you from our group now"
- "Thanks for letting me know, I will remove you from our contact list now."
For more on Best Practices, please visit our article here.