Assignments only take affect when goals are using the Assigned messaging strategy. In Assigned goals, agents can only message contacts that are assigned to them (and vice versa).
Assignments don’t affect goals using the Anyone messaging strategy; contacts don't need to be assigned if you use Anyone goals. For more information about the different assignment strategies, see How do I use Hustle goals?
For instructions on how to assign contacts while importing them, see How do I upload my contacts to Hustle?
• There’s a 10k limit on how many contacts you can assign to an agent in a single group. To maintain quick and quality replies we recommend assigning no more than 2k contacts per agent. For more information, see What are the limits for groups, agents & contacts?
• Any changes in assignments risks losing the conversation history and replies not being responded to. We recommend only using the Assigned strategy when you only want specific agents to message specific contacts.
- How do I assign all of my contacts?
- How do I assign individual contacts?
- How do I assign contacts using a CSV file?
- How do I reassign contacts?
How do I assign all of my contacts?
If you don’t assign contacts during an import, you can assign them all at once on the Contacts tab. To assign every contact that is unassigned:
- In the Admin Panel, after uploading contacts, click on the Contacts tab.
- At the top of the page you’ll see a notification > click Assign them.
- Choose how you’d like to assign contacts > Assign contacts.
How do I assign individual contacts?
To assign specific contacts to specific agents:
- From the Admin Panel click on the Contacts tab.
- Check the box next to the names of the contacts you want to assign > Assign.
- To mark every contact, check the box next to Name in the top header row.
- From the drop down menu, choose Assign to a specific set of agents and select which agents you’d like to assign the selected contacts to > Save.
How do I assign contacts using a CSV file?
To assign contacts using a CSV file:
- You'll need to map the following columns to the CSV file with your contacts information.
- Agent first name (Note: Shows up under Preferred name on the agent's profile)
- Agent phone number
- Agent last name (Note: Shows up, combined with the agent's first name, under Full Name on the agent's profile)
- If you don’t have a CSV file with the contacts information, you can find instructions on how to export the contacts in a Hustle group here: How do I export data from Hustle?
- In the rows of the leads you want to assign, add the agent’s info under those columns.
- At the bottom of the page, under How do you want to assign new Contacts? you'll have several options to choose from in regards to how you want contacts assigned. Select the following option to assign contacts to agents via CSV:
- Assigned to the agent specified in each row (This option will also assign new contacts and reassign existing contacts that are also included in the import. So contacts get assigned, the first name and phone number of agents will need to be included next to every contact's info in each individual row. )
- Once you've chosen how to assign contacts, click Import Contacts.
How do I reassign contacts?
Admins can reassign contacts between Agents. Admins also will be prompted to reassign the contacts of any agent being removed from a group. To reassign contacts:
- From the Agents tab in the admin panel, click on (...) next to the agent whose contact's you want to reassign.
- Click Reassign Agent's Contacts.
- Choose how you want to reassign the contacts. You can reassign to one or several specific agents in the group, or you can reassign contacts to all of your other agents. Once you've made a selection click Save.
To reassign individual contacts, from the Contacts tab, follow the instructions in How do I assign individual contacts?
Note: Reassigning leads does not transfer conversation history between agents. Additionally, removing agents from groups will permanently remove the conversation history with the removed agent. For more information, see Where are my threads and conversations?
During reassignment, Hustle will maintain a preference for agents previously assigned to the contact in the group. This may result in an uneven redistribution of contacts when reassigning to multiple agents.