Hours of Operation allow organization admins to specify the time-frame messages can be sent by agents. This prevents messages from being sent outside of the timeframe specified in the settings.
For more information about the different admin roles, see What are the different Hustle admin roles?
- How do I setup hours of operation?
- What time zone is used for hours of operations?
- How do hours of operations work for agents outside of sending hours?
- What happens if an agent is in a conversation outside of hours of operation?
- What happens if a contact calls an agent outside of hours of operation?
How do I setup hours of operation?
To enable Hours of Operations:
- From the Admin Panel, click Settings.
- Click the Hours of Operation tab.
- Check the box Check and save to enable hours of operation for this organization.
- Enter the Start time and End time for Hours of Operation > Save.
• Hours of Operation applies to all groups within your organization; admins can't enable Hours of Operation for specific groups.
• Enabling or disabling Hours of Operation will immediately apply to every active goal in the org. This could prevent some groups from sending messages to groups of contacts that span multiple time zones if those contacts end up outside the specified end time.
What time zone is used for hours of operations?
The time zone Hours of Operation follow is based on the location specified within group settings. When adding a group, admin are prompted to specify a location. This is the time zone Hours of Operation will follow.
For example, if you're located in California but have a group location set in New York, Hours of Operations would follow the Eastern time zone not the Pacific time zone.
How do hours of operations work for agents outside of sending hours?
When Hours of Operation are enabled, agents can't send messages to contacts until the Hours of Operation re-open. Agents can still receive messages but won't receive notifications or incoming calls, or have the ability to respond to messages when this feature is enabled and it is outside of hours.
On the Workflows tab outside Hours of Operation, workflows are closed and will be available when Hours of Operation re-open, which is displayed for each upcoming goal.
Workflow on the mobile app outside of Hours of Operation.
For more information on how to use the Hustle web and mobile app, see:
An agent can continue to view conversations, apply tags, opt-outs and other actions on the contacts page, but will be prevented from sending messages. An alert at the top of conversations wull let agents know when they can resume texting.
What happens if an agent is in a conversation outside of hours of operation?
If an agent tries to send a message outside the Hours of Operation, the keyboard and send button won't be available. Additionally, the message area will be inactive.
What happens if a contact calls an agent outside of hours of operation?
The contact will receive a pre-recorded voice message letting them know the agent is unavailable and to try again at a later time.