This article provides info on how to set up an organization to begin using Hustle’s Dialer, where agents can initiate calls with audience members ☎️
Hustle’s Dialer is currently in beta* and allows admins to launch Dialer Goals that prompt agents to call contacts using Call Scripts and send follow up text messages with Text Scripts or unscripted free responses.
*For more information on participating in the Dialer beta program, please contact your Customer Success Manager. If you’re not sure who that is, you can email email@example.com
- What do I need to know before I get started with Hustle’s Dialer?
- How do I get Hustle’s Dialer?
- Setup Checklist
- How do I launch a Dialer goal?
How do agents make calls and send messages in Dialer goals?
- What happens to Skipped conversations?
- Where can I see my Dialer conversations?
- Where can I view and change my Dialer Phone settings?
- What data is available for my Dialer goals?
- How do I share product feedback?
What do I need to know before I get started with Dialer?
Before getting started with Hustle’s Dialer admins should consider the following:
- When Hustle’s Dialer is enabled for a Hustle account, by default Dialer goals and capabilities will need to be enabled for each specific organization via Account Overview. If you’d like to make Dialer capabilities available to every organization in the account, account admins can change this setting via Account Settings > Dialer > All Organizations
- Only account and organization admins can launch Dialer goals
- The inbox is only available when either Dialer, Broadcast, or both are enabled for the account / organization
- There is only one inbox per organization, and one phone number per inbox - both Broadcast and Dialer goals will use the same inbox to view and manage conversations from the admin panel
- Only account and organization admins can access the Inbox that includes conversation activity of agents in Dialer goals
- Once the inbox is set up, when a new contact messages or calls the inbox phone number, a new conversation thread will be created for that contact in the inbox
- Agents cannot send text messages in Dialer goals until the applied TCR campaign for the inbox is fully approved
- Dialer goals are currently available to agents in the web app
- The inbox does not currently support making or receiving calls. Admins can optionally forward inbound calls to a number where calls can be received.
How do I get Hustle's Dialer?
If you are interested in participating in the Dialer beta program, please contact your Customer Success Manager. If you’re not sure who that is, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Go through this list to make sure you’re ready to launch your first Dialer goal 💫
Note: if you already have existing group(s) and have set up your organization’s inbox, you can skip to How do I launch a Dialer goal?
✅ Confirm Account-Level Dialer Settings
When Hustle’s Dialer is enabled for your account, by default account admins will need to enable it for specific organizations. To enable Hustle’s Dialer for specific organizations, from the Organizations tab in Account Overview, select “...” next to the organization > Enable Dialer
If you’d prefer to make Dialer available to all organizations in your account, In Account Overview go to the Account Settings tab > Dialer > and toggle the setting to All Organizations.
✅ Set up my organization’s inbox
If you haven’t yet set up the Inbox in your organization, this will be the first step before you can launch Dialer goals.
Note: In order to send text messages in a dialer goal, a TCR campaign must first be applied to the Inbox. If you have not yet registered a TCR campaign for 10dlc see: How do I register for 10dlc with Hustle?
To set up the inbox:
Select the organization where you want to launch Dialer goals
You can set up your inbox from inside Hustle's Dialer on the left organization menu, or directly from the Inbox > Setup Inbox
Select an area code for the phone number you want to use to make calls and send messages in Dialer goals, then hit Save.
Just A Heads Up! Phone inventory in specific area codes is not guaranteed. If an area code is not available, the page will display a warning.
Next, add a TCR campaign by clicking the Add Inbox TCR Campaign button at the top right corner of the page(this is required to send messages).
If an approved TCR campaign is not currently available for selection, you can continue with launching a Dialer goal to prompt agents to make calls, but please note that agents will not be able to send text messages. Once you have an approved TCR campaign, go to Settings > Inbox > Phone Settings > Edit > select a TCR campaign > Save.
Important: If the organization does not yet have an approved TCR campaign, you will not be able to complete the Inbox Setup. You may be able to select the TCR campaign, but if it is still awaiting carrier approval, the below banner will show, and agents will not be able to send text messages in Dialer goals until the campaign is approved. See: How do I register for 10dlc with Hustle? for more registration details.
✅ Create group(s) with agents and contacts
Before launching a Dialer goal, you will need to have at least one group created in Hustle with contacts and agents added. If your groups are already set up, skip to How do I Launch a Dialer Goal?
To create a group in Hustle, in your organization click on Groups in the left navigation > Add Group.
Create a name for the group and select a location. If you’re using the group only for dialer goals, you can skip adding a TCR campaign to the group.
For instructions to add agents and contacts in your new group, check out these articles:
How do I launch a Dialer goal?
Once the inbox is set up with a phone number and your organization has at least one group with contacts and agents, you are ready to launch a Dialer goal 🥳
This is the form you will fill to launch a Dialer goal:
The fields in the Hustle Dialer goal form include:
Name: This is the name of your Dialer goal.
Description: A description of the goal only for other admins.
Start Date & Time: When the Dialer goal will become available for agents in the web app.
Note: Hustle will auto-select the Timezone based on the timezone of your browser. You can modify the selected Timezone from the drop-down.
End Date & Time: When the Hustle Dialer goal will no longer be available for agents in the web app.
Agent Instructions: Instructions your agents will see when they click into the Dialer goal. Agent Instructions are limited to 300 characters.
Leads: This filters which contacts your agents can call and message in this goal by tags, custom fields, and/or groups. Dialer goals can only target those contacts with devices set up to receive calls.
Important: Triple check that you’ve selected the In Active Groups filter so that you’re not targeting folks in archived groups!
Agents: Select the agents who will make calls and send messages in your Dialer goal by group (this will include all of the agents for whichever group(s) you select).
Call Scripts: Scripts that will be available to your agents when making calls to guide them through their conversations.
Note: Please be mindful that certain calls may require several scripts. Examples of multiple scripts might be an Introduction script, a follow up script with a call-to-action, and even a voicemail script in case the contact does not answer and the agent is connected to their voicemail inbox.
Text Scripts: Scripts that will be available to agents to send a text message to contacts if they do not answer the call, or if contacts respond to the call via text. Note: a TCR campaign is required to make texting available in Dialer goals.
Text Scripts can also be associated with Dialer Goal Results so that when an agent selects that result, Hustle will autofill that text script in the message box.
When you have filled out the Dialer goal form completely, you can Save Draft to save as a Draft. You’ll see the draft on the Dialer goals page labeled as Draft. To edit or launch your draft, click on the name or “…” > Edit. From the edit page, you’ll have the option to Review and launch the draft when you've checked to make sure everything looks good 🚀
When you're ready to launch, click the Review button in the top right. The pop-up allows you to review all the details for your Dialer goal to make sure all is correct before hitting Launch!
Launched Dialer goals will show as Active on the Dialer goals page ⭐️ Active goals will be available to the selected Agents in the web app > Call workflows. For admins that are also agents, you can select your profile icon in the top right > My Workflows to open your workflows in a new tab ✨
How do agents make calls and send messages in Dialer goals?
Note: Call workflows for dialer goals are currently only available to agents via the web app.
1. In the web app, agents will navigate to the Call Workflows tab next to Text Workflows in the upper right of the screen.
Next to the correct Dialer goal, Agents click Start.
2. Agents will be taken to a page where they can review Call and Text scripts for the Goal before clicking Continue when ready to begin making calls.
3. After clicking Continue, agents will be prompted to test and confirm their microphone and speaker are working - agents can’t proceed until both Microphone and Speaker are marked green Confirmed.
4. While confirming the microphone and speaker, the agent will be connected to Hustle's Dialer. This can take up to 15 seconds, so agents should wait for the connection without refreshing the page.
5. Once connected, agents will see the option to call the first contact by pressing the green Call button.
6. Agents can expand the Call Script(s) on the left-hand side so they are prepared with their script if the contact answers their call. If they do not answer, the agent will be connected to any voicemail inbox that is set up, and Voicemail and Text Scripts will also be available in the left menu.
7. Agents will always have the option to send a text message to mobile contacts by typing in the message box and clicking Send at any time, before or after making a call. Note: Sending messages will only be available if an approved TCR campaign has been applied to the Inbox and the contact has a mobile number. Agents will not be able to send text messages to non-mobile numbers.
8. If agents do not wish to make a call or send a text message, they can skip the contact. Skipped contacts will eventually be made available to other agents going through the Dialer workflow.
9. After making a call, agents will be required to select a Call Result from the following options before moving on to the next contact:
If text scripts have been set up for the selected Call Result(s), the script will autofill in the Message Box for the agent to send.
10. On the right-side Contact Profile, agents will have the options to opt out a contact, apply or remove a tag, or add notes for future conversations.
What happens to Skipped Conversations?
If an agent skips over contacts in a Call Workflow, those conversations will be available to the agent in a Skipped Workflow for 20 minutes. After that time, they will be made available to other agents in the Dialer Goal.
Where can I see my Dialer Conversations?
For agents, Dialer conversation threads for active goals will be available in the web app while they are making calls or sending text messages in the Dialer goal Call Workflow. After a Dialer goal is complete, account and organization admins can access Dialer conversations via the Inbox.
In your organization, choose Inbox from the left navigation to view and manage all conversation threads.
The inbox is organized in three Views: Replies, All, and Opted Out.
Replies: All conversation threads where the most recent response is from the contact, excluding opt outs.
All: All conversation threads for leads targeted in Dialer goals and Broadcast goals, excluding opt outs.
Opted Out: Threads of only contacts who have been opted out from future messaging in Dialer goals or Broadcast goals.
Account and organization admins can review conversations, send messages, and update Contact Profiles via the Inbox, but inbound and outbound calls are not supported at this time. Admins can set up a routing number for inbound calls to the Inbox - the below section will detail how to do so.
Where can I view and change my Dialer Phone settings?
By default, when contacts call back the phone number you have set for the Inbox, they will reach a busy signal and there will be a notation on the conversation that a call was attempted. If you'd like to instead route inbound calls to a central phone number that is monitored, you can set up an Inbound Routing number for your Inbox ✨
To do so, in your Organization select Settings from the left navigation > Inbox > Phone Settings. Next to your Inbox phone number, click "..." > Edit. Toggle the option under Inbound Calls from Reject inbound calls ➡️ Forward to this number, and enter the phone number you'd like calls routed to 📲
Note: If your organization is also using Broadcast, this will also apply to any contacts who attempt to call back the phone number from Broadcast goals.
What data is available for my Dialer goals?
On the Dialer Goals page (select Dialer from the left Organization Menu), when you click on the name of a Dialer goal, you will be able to see data on how many initial calls have been made, and how many are yet to be made for that particular goal. Click on 'View Breakdown' to reveal a breakdown of Call Results for the calls made in this goal.
How do I share product feedback?
Please email email@example.com with any feedback about Hustle's Dialer product specifically. You can also share your feedback with your customer success manager. For any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for help 🤗