To comply with the latest phone carrier requirements, all TCR campaigns registered before Jan 26, 2023 need to be updated to best describe your current messaging purpose and opt-in processes. This article describes how account and organization admins can make these updates to TCR campaigns in Hustle.
🚨 TCR campaigns that are not updated may experience deliverability issues, so we strongly recommend you make these updates as soon as possible to avoid any issues.
To understand the requirements for TCR campaign compliance, we recommend you review The 10DLC Prep Checklist before you edit your campaign.
To Update a TCR Campaign:
- In the Compliance > TCR section of your Account or Organization settings, find the TCR campaign that requires updating. Note: TCR campaigns registered at the account level can only be edited by account admins on the account Compliance page. Account and organization admins can edit campaigns registered at the organization-level.
- Next to the campaign in question, select “...” > Edit Campaign.
- In the modal, the following sections can be updated:
- Campaign Details / Description
A description for how you'll be using this campaign. If the campaign will be used for many different messaging opportunities, be sure to include those as well.
Example: Messaging members about upcoming events, volunteering, fundraising, membership announcements, and professional development opportunities.
The description of your campaign should most accurately describe your current and future messaging purpose to phone carriers.
A clear and concise description of how contacts opt in to receive messages. As a reminder, opt-ins can't be purchased or sold to third parties and must be explicit.
Example: Customers opt-in by visiting www.examplewebsite.com and adding their phone number. They then check a box agreeing to receive text messages from our organization.
Pro Tip ✨: You can find helpful tips in our 10DLC Prep Checklist help article or by clicking the photo above!
- Sample Messages
Sample messages should reflect the kinds of messages your brand will send to audiences based on the campaign’s description.
- After you’ve made the required edits, you'll be taken to a final review step so that you can review your changes to ensure that your campaign is compliant. Non-compliant campaigns may be subject to suspension and deliverability issues. Once you check at least one box (we recommend you review and check all boxes) you can click Submit Campaign.
This will submit your changes to TCR immediately and your TCR campaign will be available to apply to groups or inboxes 🥳 If you run into any issues, email email@example.com for help!