Admins choose the area code of the phone numbers Hustle groups use to send messages.
- How are texting numbers set up?
- How do I text from a different area code?
- Frequently asked questions
How are texting numbers set up?
Once a group is created, you'll need to add a phone number to the group to send text messages from. To help your audience recognize the number that messages them, it’s encouraged to choose an area code that would be familiar to them.
To add a phone number to a group:
- From the Admin Panel click Groups then click the name of the group you want to add a phone number to.
- From the Goals page click > Add Phone Number
- A new window will appear with area codes to select from based on the group's location. If you do not see an area code you like, select I don’t see my area code to choose a different area code.
Note: Phone inventory in specific area codes is not guaranteed. If an area code is not available, it will appear unselectable. Available area codes will appear blue and selectable.
- Once you’ve selected an area code with available inventory, that option will appear in green. Add a phone number with that area code by selecting Get Phone Number
- Congratulations! You have successfully added a phone number to your group! The phone number used to send messages to contacts in that group will display on the page, and can be accessed any time from the Phone Settings. Select Done to close the window.
How do I text from a different area code?
Unfortunately some area codes are rare. If your preferred area code is unavailable, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with our partners and let you know what to expect.
Note: Once a phone number is added to the group, the number cannot be changed. If you are unsatisfied with your group's phone number, you can archive the group to make sure contacts do not receive messages from the group.
For more information, see How do I delete a group in Hustle?
Frequently asked questions
Can I use Hustle with my own number?
No, you cannot use your own number to Hustle at this time. Please contact email@example.com to let the team know why this would really help you hustle!
Can I request a specific telephone number to use?
No, you cannot choose a specific telephone number at this time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let the team know why this would really help you hustle!