Salesforce is a leading CRM that allows organizations and businesses to keep track of all the various communications they have had with users and clients so that they always understand their relationship with them. The Hustle-Salesforce integration syncs the communication that agents have with contacts over Hustle back to Salesforce.
The Salesforce integration allows syncing of messages, contacts and their status, contact actions, and tags. More information about Salesforce can be found in the following Salesforce article.
NOTE: Salesforce Admins need to have the Download AppExchange Packages permission.
- Install the Hustle Salesforce app found here: Hustle with Salesforce
- Select what level of access should be granted to those with access to your Salesforce account with this integration.
- Confirm successful integration download via email confirmation from Salesforce.
- Go to the Hustle account’s Integrations area within Settings to obtain your Hustle API Key and Secret by clicking the Add Integration button within the Salesforce area.
- Navigate to the Salesforce App Launcher and locate the Hustle Setup app in your list.
- Enter your API and Secret in the Hustle Setup within SFDC.
- Click authorize to allow the Hustle package install, which also requires login with Salesforce credentials. Once the Salesforce Organization information has been sent, hit Next at the bottom righthand side of the page.
- Upon SFDC success, you’ll see a thumbs up.
- Following completion, it should now show in the Hustle Integrations menu within Settings. Woohoo!
Salesforce requires Object Field Mapping to be completed for integrations -- the fields that will be passed back and forth. Be sure to add any custom mappings here for any custom fields needed to sync between integrations.
You must toggle the ‘enable’ switch to Active for both Contact Object Field Mapping and Lead Object Field Mapping to complete this, and each section must be Quick Saved to show on all integration pieces.
NOTE: Hustle will only import saved public Reports from Salesforce so a user must save the Report before it will show as an option in Hustle.
Once the Salesforce integration is established, it’s possible to add contacts via Campaigns or Reports within groups. The lists of leads created in Salesforce come over as complete lists to Hustle, so all validation must be done previously in Salesforce.
- Select the Campaign or Report from Salesforce by searching by the list’s name.
- Selecting the list launches the import screen which automatically maps columns by exact name. If the columns are mapped incorrectly, it’s possible to edit them by changing the dropdown column heading.
NOTE: Importing a Report from Salesforce does not allow selecting individual contacts to import, admins cannot assign agents from the import, and it is not possible to add tags to the contacts from the import.
- Map the columns, then select “Import Campaign” or “Import Report” to import the contacts from the list. During this import, Hustle validates that each lead/contact/person account has a corresponding Salesforce Lead/Contact/Person Account ID, and that the object type of the list matches the object type that has been selected for the integration. Confirm import is accepted by clicking the ‘Agree’ button.
NOTE: Once contacts have been added from a specific Salesforce Campaign or Report, no other contacts that are NOT a part of the synced Salesforce Campaign or Report can be added to that group in Hustle.
When a user updates a Report in Salesforce, that update will only be reflected in the Hustle group following manual refresh by selecting 'Update Campaign' from the Contacts tab. Additionally, the refresh request can only be made once an hour, so if a refresh is requested, information is changed in SFDC, and then refreshed once more in Hustle, the change will not be reflected for an hour since the last refresh.