Got a link you want to send out to your contacts via Hustle? Go ahead and send ‘em!
The Share a Link goal type is perfect for sending out a survey, featuring a more detailed website for your contacts to access, or fundraising! Got a website you want your contacts to check out? Use this goal type!
NOTE: We all know it looks cool but please do not share your link in the first message. The phone carriers have a high likelihood of filtering your message due to spam, which means your contacts won’t get the message! We strongly suggest putting the link in the ‘yes’ response script.
Setting up a Share a Link goal type
- Head over to the goals tab in the admin panel and click on ‘Goal type.’ From the dropdown menu, select Share a Link goal type.
- Add a name for your goal, determine the time when goal should end (think of this like an expiration date for your goal!) and who your agents can message.
- Go ahead and add your link in the ‘Share a Link’ message box. If you want a specific link to go to a specific contact, you can add the link as a Custom Field.
NOTE: ‘Get Link from a custom field’ option does not populate if a Custom Field has not been created first.
If you choose to 'Track clicks on this link,' you can choose from one of our domain shorteners provided. You can read a bit more about this here: Get Valuable Data with Hustle Link Tracking.
Here are our suggestions for use:
- attend.events: for RSVP links or volunteering sign-ups
- donates.us: for links to fundraising pages
- membershp.co: for links to membership sign-up and renewal pages
- sms.gives: also for links to fundraising pages, but uses “gives” nomenclature instead of “donates” (which is a better fit for some organizations)
Setup your targeting for your goal: create your initial script, response script, and any additional response scripts that may be helpful for your agents to have access to.
Press ‘Create Goal.’
High five your friend, you did it!
Goal Specific Data: Share a Link
Nice job running your first Share a Link goal! Let's take a closer look into the data!
Wondering how to access your goal-level data? Check out this help article for more info: How do I access my Goal level data?
The Share a Link action type in your goal-level export will show you which of your Contacts agreed to click the link that you sent over. Keep in mind that this export will not show the link tracking data, that will appear in the Goal Dashboard. Check out the export below:
Now you can see just how many Contacts agreed to click on the link you sent over. Time for more high fives!