The Share a Link goal type helps admins launch goals where agents can send out links to leads and track how contacts respond.
This goal type is perfect for sending out a survey or linking out to a more detailed website for your contacts to access.
For more information about creating goals, see How do I use Hustle goals?
• To help ensure deliverability, do not send a link in the first message. Phone carriers have a high likelihood of filtering initial messages with links as spam. We suggest putting the link in the script agents send when leads reply Yes.
• Avoid redirect links like bit.ly and use direct links instead. Too many redirect links raises suspicion with carriers and risks messages not getting delivered.
Setting up a Share a Link goals
- From the admin panel click groups on the left side of the screen > the name of the group you want to launch the goal in.
- Click Add goal and under Type choose the Share a Link goal type.
- Set the name of the goal, what time the goal should end, and who your agents can message. For more information about filling out the goal form, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- Under Link, set how you'd like the link sent in scripts to gets created.
- Get Link from a custom field: If you want specific links to go to specific contacts, set the link on the lead's record as a Custom Field and mark the Get Link from a custom field option. The messages sent out will have the link set in the custom field on the lead's record.
Track clicks on this link: Use the Track clicks on this link option to shorten your link and track which leads click on the links they receive. To shorten links, admins can use one of the domain shorteners provided. You can read more about link tracking here: Get Valuable Data with Hustle Link Tracking.
• The Get Link from a custom field option will only appear when custom fields have been created in the organization
• When the Track clicks on this link option is marked, preview (test) messages to admins will use a placeholder URL that leads to a blank page. When the goal is launched, the messages sent out will have the right link.
• Preview (test) messages don't support links from custom fields; when the goal is launched, the messages sent out will have the right link pulled from the custom field.
The domain shorteners available are:
- attend.events: for RSVP links or volunteering sign-ups
- donates.us: for links to fundraising pages
- membershp.co: for links to membership sign-up and renewal pages
- sms.gives: also for links to fundraising pages, but uses “gives” nomenclature instead of “donates” (which is a better fit for some organizations)
- txts.link: for any other links that need to get sent out to leads
- Setup the targeting for your goal and create the scripts your agents will need to message contacts.
- Note: When previewing (testing) scripts with links that use a domain shortener or use the Get Link from a custom field option, a placeholder URL will be used that leads to a blank page. When the goal is launched, the messages agents send will use the right link.
- When the goal is ready click Launch.
Goal specific data: Share a Link goals
Once the goal is completed, admins can download the data by following the instructions in How do I export data from goals?
In the exported data, under Action type, you'll see which leads agreed to click on the link sent in the goal, and for link tracking goals, which leads clicked on the link.
For link tracking data, from the Goals tab of the group where the goal was launched, click on the name of the goal. How many contacts clicked on the link will appear above Clicked.