Targeting allows you to specify which contacts in your group your agents can message. You can tailor the targeting of your goals based on previous actions taken by contacts as well as specific tag or custom field data.
When creating your goal, the contacts the goal will target will default to include your entire list of contacts in the group. You can use filters to narrow the contacts the goal targets to only include specific contacts within your group.
Note: Targeting can’t be edited after a goal is launched.
There are 3 types of filters that you can use in your targeting strategy.
When targeting tags, you can choose 3 types of filters:
- Contact contains all of the Tags.
- Contacts has any of the Tags.
- Contacts do not have any of the Tags.
When targeting custom fields, you can choose 4 types of filters:
- Is any of these: Contacts that only have the Custom Field.
- Is NOT any of these: Contacts that don’t have the Custom Field.
- Has any value: Contacts that have any Custom Field.
- Has a blank value: Contacts that don’t have any Custom Field.
Note: Targeting Custom Fields is case sensitive.
When targeting Goal Results, you can target contacts who were marked with one of the following results:
- No result marked
You can also target contacts who:
- Responded to the goal
- Did NOT respond to the goal
- Were skipped
- Clicked through
- Completed a call
- Did not click through
- Did not complete a call
• The goal results filter can only target other goals in the group.
• When targeting goal results of VAN survey goals, you can’t target based on survey responses to a VAN survey (e.g. Yes, No, Maybe, Strong support, undecided, etc.).