Got a great event coming up that you want to invite folks to? Whether it’s an election, PTA meeting, or a pizza party the Invite to Event goal type is the one you’re looking for!
This goal type allows you to set the date and time of the event and dynamically get this information to your contacts. To make sure the set up this type of goal goes smoothly, there are a few things you will want to know before you start:
- Date & Time of the event
- Event location
- Full event details including things like parking, child care, cost, and anything else you might anticipate your contacts asking you about
Once you have all the information you need together, you are all set to get started!
Setting up a Invite to Event goal type
- Head over to the Goals tab in the admin panel and click on ‘Goal type.’ From the dropdown menu, select Invite to Event.
- Add a name for your goal, set the time and date for the event, and who your agents can message.
NOTE: Unless your agents have a relationship with all of the contacts they are reaching out to we typically recommend using Anyone. You can read more about the differences between these options here: Assigned vs. Anyone Messaging
- Setup your targeting for your goal. The “RSVP’d to events” targeting option is unique to the Invite to Event goal type.This gives you the opportunity limit your contacts to people who have RSVP’d to another event within the last 3, 6, or 12 months.
- Create your initial script and response scripts.
NOTE: Check out our Best Practices for creating scripts here: Best Practices: Script Writing
- Setup your Reminders which will allow you to send out a text message to the staff who is interested in helping out based on who you marked as ‘interested’ in the first workflow. You can help reinforce your contacts attendance simply by checking in 1-3 days before the event!
- Create additional scripts. Adding Additional Scripts may be more important for this type of goal than any of the others. This is where you will put in any additional information about your event like cost, parking situation, and more. Try to anticipate questions that your agents will be asked about your event and provide them the tools to answer them quickly.
- Then press ‘Create Goal.’
- Settle in and celebrate with the knowledge that your event is going to be fantastic!