Ever want a contact to call their legislator or your ticket office? The Request a Call goal type is for you!
This unique goal type will allow you to request that a contact call a number, and allow you to track who actually calls. There’s a few steps you must take before creating this goal to ensure it runs smoothly.
First, who are they calling? Will each contact be calling the same number? For example; if you want your contacts to call their legislator, there might be several different numbers that need to correspond to different contacts. But if you are looking to have a season ticket holder upgrade their seats, and call the box office to pick them out… that’s likely one number for everyone to call.
To match a specific number to a specific contact, you will need to make a custom field and make sure all the contacts have that uploaded. For more information about how to do this you can check out our article on how to create a custom field.
Setting up a Request a Call goal type
- Head over to the Goals tab in the admin panel and click on ‘Goal type.’ From the dropdown menu, select Request a Call.
- Add a name for your goal, determine the time when goal should end (think of this like an expiration date for your goal!), and who your agents can message.
- If you want everyone to call the same number, just enter it into the field.
- If using a Custom Field, be sure to select 'get from custom field', and choose from the drop down which field you would like it to grab from:
NOTE: If you do not have custom fields set up in your Organization, this option will not show up. Please see this article on how to add custom fields.
- Setup your targeting for your goal, create your initial script and response script. (See this article on Best Practices for Script Writing for tips & tricks!)
- Setup your Reminders. This will allow you to send out a text message to the contacts who have responded to the goal that they will call (but have not placed the call yet). This reminder will often help boost your call rate because most people just need a quick check in to get movin’.
- Once a goal is completed, you can export the goal data and see who actually called!
Goal Specific Data: Request a Call
Wondering how to access your goal-level data? Check out this help article for more info: How do I access my Goal level data?
Now that you have completed your Request a Call goal, you now have access to the goal-level data which will show you whether or not your Contacts agreed to make the call in the 'Action Type' column on your export. Check out the export from our example goal below:
Having access to this export will make follow up a breeze and can enable you to have even more Contacts take action for the next time around!