So you're ready to start using text messaging as a way to outreach to your community? Great news! Let's take a moment to go over some fundamentals of peer-to-peer messaging and outline the differences between peer-to-peer and broadcast or blast messaging.
Did you know?
- There is a 82% open rate for text messages (How many unread text messages do you have in your phone? Most people have less than 5!)
- Texting has an average reply rate of 25% (1 in 4 of your end users will respond back to you!)
- 8-10% of those contacts will take action and say yes to your request!
There are 2 types of text messaging that most end users are familiar with: Broadcast (Blast) and Peer-to-Peer texting. Hustle is strictly Peer-to-Peer. The differences are outlined below:
- Utilizes a 5 or 6 digit phone number or short code to send messages from
- Requires end user to opt-in to be contacted by your organization
- A one to many tool that allows you to send out a high volume of messages with one click
- Great for sending out messages to a large number of people without a conversation back and forth
- Uses at 10-digit phone number to send messages from
- Does not require end users to opt-in to receive text messages from your organization
- Allows you to text each contact one at a time, texting up to 1,000 contacts per hour
- Each message is personalized for the end recipient
- Great for having one to one conversations with your contacts which build relationship via text message and drives engagement
You’ve got the fundamentals down, now let’s get you out there texting!