In Hustle, groups are provisioned phone numbers that are used by agents in Hustle to send messages to contacts.
In addition to limits on throughput, 10DLC also introduces limitations on the number of phone numbers that can be used by groups to send messages.
On April 1, 2022, Carriers and their messaging partners are imposing a new limit on the number of telephone numbers used to send messages from. This impacts messaging in the United States and Canada.
To accommodate this change on behalf of customers, before April 1st, Hustle will upgrade groups that use more than one phone number to comply with the new standard.
As a result of the upgrade:
- Hustle will remove phone numbers from groups requiring the upgrade
- Existing conversation threads will no longer send or receive new messages
- All groups will become Shared groups
- Which groups will be upgraded?
- How do I know which groups will be upgraded?
- What are the benefits to upgrading groups early?
- How do I upgrade a group early?
- What action is required?
- What if my preferred area code is not available?
- What if I don’t like my group’s new phone number?
- Where can I see my previous conversation history?
Which groups will be upgraded?
Groups that use more than one phone number will be upgraded.
How do I know which groups will be upgraded?
Starting March 17, groups that will be upgraded by April 1 will display a banner on the group panel. Admins can select Upgrade Group from the banner to upgrade the group prior to April 1.
What are the benefits to upgrading a group early?
If you plan to launch a goal after March 17 in a group, we recommend upgrading the group to ensure all new conversation history is preserved after April 1, when the group will be automatically upgraded.
How do I upgrade a group early?
Groups that will be upgraded on April 1 by Hustle will display a banner on the group’s panel with an Upgrade Group option.
To upgrade a group early:
- First, make sure to close all active and paused goals in the group you want to upgrade:
- To close an "active" or "scheduled" goal, set the workflow close at date to a date in the past. See How do I close a goal for step by step instructions.
- If a goal is paused, first confirm the workflow close at date is set to a date in the past. Then "resume" the goal from the goal options menu "..."
- Once all goals are closed, select Upgrade Group from the banner
- A window will appear with information about the upgrade. Select Yes, Continue in order to choose a new phone number for the group
- A new window will appear with area codes to select from. If you do not see an area code you like, select I don’t see my area code to choose a different area code.
Note: Phone inventory in specific area codes is not guaranteed. If an area code is not available, it will appear unselectable. Available area codes will appear blue and selectable.
- Once you’ve selected an area code with available inventory, the option will appear green. Complete this group’s upgrade by selecting Get Phone Number
- Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your group! The new phone number your group will use to send messages to contacts will display on the page. Select Done to close the window.
- To configure settings for the phone number, go to the Group Settings page. See How do I route calls in Hustle? for details on managing calls made from contacts to hustle agents.
What action is required?
Starting March 17, admins will have the option to upgrade groups to ensure all new conversation history is preserved after April 1, when the group will be automatically upgraded.
Starting April 1, for groups that were automatically upgraded by Hustle, Admins will need to add a new phone number for an upgraded group before launching a goal.
What if my preferred area code is not available?
Unfortunately some area codes are rare. If your preferred area code is unavailable, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with our partners and let you know what to expect.
What if I don’t like my group’s new phone number?
Once a group is upgraded, the phone number for the group cannot be changed. Please email email@example.com to help our development team better understand why you want to change your group’s phone number.
Where can I see my previous conversation history?
For admins, previous conversation history will be available from exports from Conversation Review as well. From the Conversation Review, previous conversation history will be displayed as Past Messages.
For agents, previous conversation history will be available from the mobile and web apps.
Previous conversation history will be displayed as Past Messages.
Mobile View: Web View: