Note: Below are some best practices that will help you build relationships, boost reply rates and increase conversion with Hustle. The most important thing to remember is that the magic of peer-to-peer texting is in real people talking to real people.
For information on how to text using the Hustle app, see:
- Treat groups as communities (or lists of people) that you are reaching out to over time through a series of goals. The best way to structure Hustle is to have more goals and fewer groups.
- Set your groups by geography so your contacts receive texts from a real, local phone number that they will recognize.
- Make sure your scripts are as short as possible — think the length of a tweet. Shorter scripts and ones that end in a question get the most replies.
- Respond quickly for great results! We crunched the numbers and our analysis showed a 20% higher secondary reply rate where agents reply in the first 20 minutes after the contact replies!
- Respond with warmth even if the answer is no and thank those who took action — it could become a yes next time. Try using “Understand that you’re busy. Maybe next time?”
- For best results at a Hustle text bank, make sure you’ve built in enough time for your agents to send out initial messages and also to manage replies that come in.
- Leave information for later in the conversation so you can engage in a 2-way conversation and build a relationship with your supporters over text.
- Do not use links in the initial messages to your contacts. These messages can sometimes be flagged as spam and some carriers may stop them from going through. Try engaging with your contacts first and then send a link later on in the conversation.
- Give yourself enough time to successfully set up your 10DLC compliance and your integrations — you may need to contact your other app's administrator for connectors and API keys. Doing this will help you proactively capture your data correctly.
- Change up the opt out language every now and then to keep your initial scripts for new contacts personal and considerate! Some examples include:
- Feel free to reply stop if you want to opt out of messages!
- (prefer not to get texts? reply stop 🙌)
- (to opt out you can reply stop 👍)
- reply stop to opt out
- reply stop to be removed
- Have fun with Hustle! When you draft scripts that you’d want to receive and create a fun environment for your organizers, you’ll love Hustle and so will the people getting your messages.