Admins can use custom fields to import unique information about leads like city, state, county, contribution history, etc. into Hustle. When uploaded, admins can use the information in custom fields to manage leads and specify the targeting in goals.
Note: Only org. admins can create custom fields.
This article provides instructions on how to create custom fields.
- How do I create a custom field?
- How do I hide custom fields?
- How do I add custom fields while uploading contacts?
- Where is custom ID data?
For instructions on how to target custom fields in goals, see How do I target contacts in my goals?
How do I create a custom field?
To create custom fields:
- In the admin panel click Custom Fields.
- Under Add a new custom field type the name of your custom field > Add.
• Custom fields can’t contain spaces, special characters, or start with numbers. • To delete custom fields, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I hide custom fields?
To hide and set who can see custom fields, from the admin panel click Custom Fields.
- Check Display on Contact profile to make a custom field visible to agents as a field on the leads profile.
- Leave Display on Contact profile unchecked to hide a custom field from agents.
How do I add custom fields while uploading contacts?
Admins can create new custom fields while importing leads using a CSV file.
To create a custom field, while importing leads with a CSV file:
- Click the top header of the column that has the custom field’s data.
- Choose Add New Custom Field (leave the header as Select as field for columns with data you don't want to import or map).
- Enter the name of the new custom field.
Where is custom ID data?
Data previously saved under the Custom ID header has now moved to its own custom field.
This custom field is called custom_external_id and is included in the group level contacts and messages export. For more information on how to export group-level data, see How do I export data from Hustle?
Admins can set this custom external id field to be displayed on the Contacts tab of the group by clicking the gear icon () and confirming custom external id is checked: