Welcome to Hustle! 🎊 This quick start guide provides instructions on how to get started texting using Hustle.
- Creating your account
- How do I text?
Creating your account
You’ll need to create a Hustle account to text using Hustle. For detailed instructions on how to create your account, see How do I create a Hustle Account?
Note: If you’ve Hustled before you don’t need to create a new account! After an admin adds you with your email address, you can login with the email you signed up with and use the same account to text for multiple organizations.
Getting started with Hustle
- Your admin will add you with your email address and send you an email invite with your unique sign up link. Tap the link in the email to go to the sign-up page.
2. From the sign up page, the email where you received the invitation will auto-populate in the form. This will be the email associated with your Hustle account. Confirm if this is the email you want to use to log in to Hustle, then continue to fill out the form.
To continue, you will need to set the following:
- Your Name ✔️
- A phone number ✔️
- A Password for your Hustle account ✔️ (your password must meet the following requirements: Password policy requirements.)
- To continue, you will need to set the following:
3. Review what you've entered for accuracy and click > Continue
4. You'll be taken to a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) page where you'll enter the security code sent to the phone number you provided. Mobile numbers will receive the security code by text message, non-mobile numbers will receive the security code by phone call.
Note: You will have 30 seconds to enter the security code before it refreshes. Also, if you entered the wrong phone number you can click Back to make any changes.
If the phone number you've added is non-mobile, you will receive a phone call that will provide you the security code. If your phone is capable of receiving text messages and you've been waiting longer than a minute to receive your verification text, first, check to see you entered the correct phone number by selecting Back. If the information you've entered is correct, select Continue to receive a new security code. If after another minute you have not received the security code, contact Hustle Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Once you click Create Account your account will be created and you're Ready to Hustle! 🥳
You’ll be taken back to Hustle and logged into your brand new Hustle account! Click Hustle in the top left corner to go to your Hustle profile’s main page where you’ll text contacts.
If you don’t see any messages (also known as workflows) to send, reach out to your admin to verify you’re in the right group and there is an active workflow in the group.
How do I text?
Logging into Hustle
- For a detailed overview on how to use the Hustle web app, see VIDEO: Hustle Web App Training.
- For step by step instructions, see How do I text using the Hustle web app?
- After you open the Hustle app, enter your email address and password.
You’ll be taken to the main page of your Hustle profile where your workflows will be.
- When your group has a goal with messages to send they’ll appear on this page. You’ll send messages to contacts in these workflows and use pre-written scripts or personalized messages to start and respond to conversations.
There are three types of workflows:
- Workflow Completed: Completed workflows.
- Begin Sending Messages: Also known as initial workflows; where you begin the conversation with contacts and send the first message.
- Reply to... unreads: Also known as response workflows; where you reply to unread messages from contacts.
Tap/Click Start to go to the Hustle Messenger where you’ll start messaging contacts.
How do I message contacts?
The Hustle Messenger is where you message contacts and capture data from conversations.
The Message box is where you’ll send and edit messages to contacts. Next to the Message box are:
- Scripts (): Pre-written messages you can use to text contacts.
- Lead actions (): The response you mark for contacts (Yes, no, declined, etc.).
- Emojis (): An emoji keyboard. (😊, 😁, 🎉, etc.).
- Lead Actions: This is where you’ll mark the contact’s response to the goal based on their response.
- Progress Circle: This shows your progress through the current batch of contacts. To skip contacts click the right arrow. Note: On the Hustle mobile app, information appears above the contacts name. To skip contacts, swipe left on the screen.
Show Profile: Click Show Profile to apply tags, opt out contacts, take notes, etc. For more information, see How do I opt someone out from Hustle?
- Note: To opt contacts out on the Hustle mobile app, tap Opt out in the top right corner.