Welcome to Hustle! 🎊 This quick start guide provides instructions on how to get started texting using Hustle.
- Creating your account
- How do I text?
Creating your account
You’ll need to create a Hustle account to text using Hustle. For detailed instructions on how to create your account, see How do I create a Hustle Account?
Note: If you’ve Hustled before you don’t need to create a new account! As long as you’re using the same number, you can login with the email you signed up with and use the same account to text for multiple organizations.
Getting started with Hustle
- Your admin will send you an invite via text with your invite token. Tap the link in the text.
- Enter the phone number you got the text at under Phone number. Enter your invite token under Invite token and click Verify Token.
- Note: Your invite token is the last five letters of the link in the invite text.
- On the next page enter:
- Email: The email address you want on your account.
- Name: Your name.
- Password: The password you want for your account. (Passwords must contain an uppercase character. For more information, see Password policy requirements.)
- Confirm password: Re-enter the password you want for your account.
- Double check everything you’ve entered is correct > Sign Up.
- Note: If you make a typo, you can open the link in your invite token in an incognito window to start over.
- You’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to verify your email. Open the email and click Confirm my email.
- If you don’t receive the verification email check your junk and spam folder.
- You’ll be taken back to Hustle and logged into your brand new Hustle account! Click Hustle in the top left corner to go to your Hustle profile’s main page where you’ll text contacts.
If you don’t see any messages (also known as workflows) to send, reach out to your admin to verify you’re in the right group and there is an active workflow in the group.
How do I text?
Logging into Hustle
- For a detailed overview on how to use the Hustle web app, see VIDEO: Hustle Web App Training.
- For step by step instructions, see How do I text using the Hustle web app?.
- After you open the Hustle app, enter your email address and password.
- You’ll be taken to the main page of your Hustle profile where your workflows will be.
- When your group has a goal with messages to send they’ll appear on this page. You’ll send messages to contacts in these workflows and use pre-written scripts or personalized messages to start and respond to conversations.
- There are two types of workflows:
- To do: Also known as initial workflows; where you begin the conversation with contacts and send the first message.
- Replies: Also known as response workflows; where you reply to unread messages from contacts.
Tap Begin Sending Messages to go to the Hustle Messenger where you’ll start messaging contacts.
How do I message contacts?
The Hustle Messenger is where you message contacts and capture data from conversations.
- The Message box is where you’ll send and edit messages to contacts. Next to the Message box are:
- Scripts (): Pre-written messages you can use to text contacts.
- Lead actions (): The response you mark for contacts (Yes, no, declined, etc.).
- Emojis (): An emoji keyboard. (😊, 😁, 🎉, etc.).
- Lead Actions: This is where you’ll mark the contact’s response to the goal based on their response.
- Progress Circle: This shows your progress through the current batch of contacts. To skip contacts click the right arrow. Note: On the Hustle mobile app, information appears above the contacts name. To skip contacts, swipe left on the screen.
- Show Profile: Click Show Profile to apply tags, opt out contacts, take notes, etc. For more information, see How do I opt someone out from Hustle?
- Note: To opt contacts out on the Hustle mobile app, tap Opt out in the top right corner.