Organization admins have access to all of the settings of organizations they’re administrators of. Settings changed by organization and account admins affect all groups within the organizations. For more information about admin roles, see What are the different Hustle admin roles?
Note: If an org. admin can’t do one of the following, contact the account admin to review the settings of the organization and account.
- How do I see what organizations I’m an admin of?
- How do I create an organization?
- How do I create a group?
- How do I delete a group?
- How do I add an organization admin?
- How do I remove an organization admin?
- How do I change the vocabulary of the organization?
- How do I setup custom fields?
- How do I create a tag?
- How do I manage tag visibility?
- How do I register for 10DLC?
- How do I set up tags to sync to NGP VAN?
- How do I set up an integration?
- How do I turn on hours of operation?
- Advanced options
- MMS Protection Setting
- Response window
- How do I export my organization’s data?
How do I see what organizations I’m an admin of?
If you have access to more than one org. in an account, they’ll be listed in the Organizations page.
You can find the Organizations page by clicking your initials in the top right > Organizations.
You can see a high level overview of the orgs. you’re an admin of and search for specific orgs. using the search bar.
Note: If you’re only the admin of one organization, you’ll only see one org. listed here.
How do I create an organization?
Organization admins cannot create organizations. To create a new organization, contact your account admin.
How do I create a group?
Groups are specific sets of contacts; when creating groups, the location you set will choose what area codes will be used by agents to message your Contacts. For instructions on how to create groups, see Adding a Group to your Organization.
How do I delete a group?
You can’t delete groups in Hustle; this lets admins audit the data for all their groups in Hustle. However, you can hide or archive your group.
For more information, see How do I delete a group in Hustle?
How do I add an organization admin?
To add an org. admin, in the admin panel, go to Settings > Administrators:
- To make an existing member of the org. an org. admin, search for the admin in the drop down menu under Grant access to an existing member.
- To invite a new org. admin, click Invite a new admin and enter the name and number of the admin.
How do I remove an organization admin?
To remove an organization administrator, in the admin panel, go to Settings > Administrators.
Click the Admin options (...) next to the admins name > Remove as admin.
How do I change the vocabulary of the organization?
The vocabulary used in the organization, (agent, contact, texter, lead, worker, etc.) can be changed in the organization’s Settings.
To change it, click the text box and change the text > scroll down the page and click Save.
This will change how the admin panel displays the names of your agents and leads so it aligns more with the relationship between your organization and the individuals you’ll be messaging.
Note: Refresh your browser window to see the changes.
How do I setup custom fields?
Org. admins can use custom fields to personalize conversations by including person-specific information into the body of a message, target and segment audiences, as well as make this information available to agents so they have more context for who they’re messaging. For more information about custom fields, see How do I use custom fields?
How do I create a tag?
Org. admins can create tags, which are a helpful way to target audiences and collect data about your contacts as your agents message contacts. For more information about tags, see How do I use tags?
How do I manage tag visibility?
To set where tags are visible:
- Go to the Tags panel.
- Add the tags you wish to add as either:
- Contact profile: This is the default use for tags. Contact profile tags are the tags agents will use when they are Hustling. Contact profile tags are for pieces of information you want your agents to be able to collect about contacts (donor, volunteer, etc).
- Opt-out reason: Tags that are used when a contact opts-out. Opt-out reasons can be noted by the agent to help you better understand why your contacts are opting out (wrong number, moved, etc). For more information, see How can I record an opt-out reason?
- Admin eyes only: Tags that will only be available to admins. These tags are often used to change the targeting filter of goals.
How do I register for 10DLC?
By default, only account admins can register for 10DLC in Hustle. For more information on the different Hustle admin roles, see What are the different Hustle admin roles?
Account admins can configure the settings of their account so organization admins can also register brands and/or campaigns for the organizations they’re admins of.
For more information see Who can register for 10DLC with Hustle?
For instructions on how to register for 10DLC see How do organization admins register for 10DLC?
How do I set up tags to sync to NGP VAN?
To set up tags to push data to NGP VAN:
- In the admin panel click Tags.
- Click Edit next to the tag you want to sync to VAN.
- Choose the VAN Activist Code, VAN Survey Question, or VAN Canvass Result.
- Click Save. Now when a tag is applied to a contact the corresponding activist code, survey question, or canvass result will be applied to the contact's profile in VAN.
Note: Only one response, per survey question, will be pushed to VAN. If there are multiple responses, only the most recent survey response will be pushed to VAN.
How do I set up an integration?
Hustle has a number of integrations with databases that allow you to share the data you collect in Hustle with those databases and vice versa. For more information about integrations, see Integrations.
How do I turn on hours of operation?
Organization admins can specify the hours agents can message contacts by enabling Hours of Operation.
For more information see How do I enable hours of operation?
Settings changed in an organization’s advanced options apply to every group in the organization.
Note: Inbound routing numbers are the only setting that doesn’t apply to every group. If an inbound routing number is set for both an organization and a group, the group’s inbound routing number will be used.
- Do not show popups that interrupt agent workflows: Blocks the Rapid Responder from alerting agents to replies from contacts when an agent is using the web app. This won’t affect agents using the mobile app.
- Allow group administrators to add contacts via CSV upload: Lets group admins add CSV files of contacts to groups they have admin rights to. This does not stop admins from adding contacts using integrations.
- Allow group administrators to export group level data: Lets group admins export goal, contact, and message tables for their group.
- Allow group administrators to create tags when importing a list via an integration: Lets group admins create and assign new tags when importing contacts into Hustle via an integration. For more information about what group admins can do when importing form VAN, see What can group admins do?
- Track phone calls for “Legislative Contact” goal types: Adds a metric to the admin dashboard showing how many contacts clicked on an invitation to call their legislator directly from their Hustle conversation (we recommend leaving this on).
- Inbound Routing Number: Sets an org-level phone number to route phone calls if any contact calls the Hustle number that has texted them.
MMS protection setting
The MMS Protection Setting controls whether or not inbound media messages (images, gifs, video) are immediately visible in conversations.
The Response Window is for the Anyone messaging strategy (commonly referred to as First-Come, First-Served, of FCFS). This setting lets admins set the time an unread message remains with an agent before it returns to the pool where any agent can message the contact. The default time is 20 minutes.
To read more about messaging strategies, see How do I use Hustle goals?
Note: The response window cannot be changed for a goal once the goal is launched.
How do I export my organization’s data?
To export your organization’s data:
- Click Settings > General tab.
- At the bottom of the page, click Start new export.
- When your organization data is ready, you’ll receive an email with a link to your admin panel.
You can then download your organization’s:
- Actions: Actions (yes, no, etc.) that have been recorded for all goals in the organization with data about the contacts that took those actions like name, phone number and VAN IDs.
- Messages: All messages that have been sent and received within the organization with data like which agent sent the message, which contact replied, and what time the messages were sent.
- Leads: All leads (contacts) in the organization with data like custom fields, tags, and external (VAN) IDs.