Hustle frequently releases new features and improvements to our site and mobile app. This article details the most recent changes made to Hustle. To see past feature changes and improvements, see Hustle release notes archive.
What's new for Hustle's Dialer! 🎉
Agents must now select a call result before moving on to the next contact in a Call workflow
There is now a badge that lets agents know when a Call workflow is paused
- Agents can now access Skipped Workflows for any conversations that were skipped during a Call workflow
For account admins, we created a new Group Goal Stats report for tracking metrics on peer-to-peer goals across your account ✨ Check it out under Account Overview > Reports > Group Goal Statistics
Account admins with too many admins to list from the Members tab of Account Overview will now have the option to export their admins 🎉
- Hustle's Dialer Updates!
- Outbound and Inbound Dialer Call activity now updates VAN, Blackbaud Luminate, and Salesforce Integrations 🤖
- When a linked call result is recorded, sending the text and progressing in the workflow is now just one click!
- Dialer goals can be ⏸️Paused, 🟢 Resumed, and 🔴 Ended
- Please note:
- Pausing a dialer goal will immediately remove agent access to workflows
- Ending a dialer goal will remove agent access to initial workflows
- Please note:
Now available for Hustle's Dialer!
- Call results are now visible in the dialer goal performance view.
- Agents can now record call results during calls 🎙️.
- Feature: Call related data is now getting passed to Salesforce and BBLO integrations 🎉.
- In Broadcast: The messaging box (thread input) will now give the reason that a lead can no longer be texted (for example: they opted out or this is a landline)
- Admins can now schedule Broadcasts to go out some time in the future 🤖 ✨
- Broadcast messages now sync to Salesforce and BBLO integrations ⚡️ For more information see How do I get started with Broadcast?
- For clients using Broadcast, Hustle will now mark broadcast leads as engaged if they call back the number they receive a message from.
- Agent phone numbers are now fully optional everywhere that Admins add agents in Hustle, as email is now the required field
- Starting June 28th, users of the Hustle platform will be invited and identified by their email instead of their phone number 🎉 For more information, check out How do I create a Hustle Account?
- For Broadcast users, the Inbox now features a few different Views 👀 to separate Opt Outs from other types of conversations ✨For more info take a look at How do I get started with Broadcast?
- Admins can now 🔴 Pause and 🟢 Resume Broadcast goals. For all the steps and further details, please see How do I stop a Broadcast? 🎉
- Your scripts will now respect line breaks in our Script Editor 💪 When drafting scripts, you can add new lines in your messaging using the Return key to separate the text within the message! Making your texts more readable 📖 and uniquely formatted 🤩
- The speed of sending Personalized Clips in messages has received an overhaul! Optimizing how quickly your creations can be watched by your leads ASAP 🎥 For more info, see How do I turn on Personalized Clips for a goal?
- And drumroll please 🥁 We've redesigned the Activity Page to include more stats ✨
Most notably ✏️ stats from the Goals list page, a familiar interface for users. Please note: this will no longer include the engagement and opt out rate of a particular goal. However, initial messages remaining will be visible from the activity page 😎
- Hustle launched Script Assistant, our exciting new tool that uses the power of AI to to help you send out creative messages that catch more attention 🎉 To get started, check out How do I use the Script Assistant?
- The script editor now automatically opens up the media panels for easy access to your images and videos so you can send out an MMS and get better response rates! For more information on using MMS, see How do I text with MMS in Hustle?
- If you have an Expired TCR Campaign, you can recreate it right from your Compliance page 🙌 You'll now see this option next to any expired campaigns to easily recreate them once you've updated your Brand with a valid Campaign Verify token:
- In Hustle's Public API, the getLeadsInGroup endpoint now allows users to query leads in a group that are Deactivated. Hustle API documentation can be found at Hustle Public API Documentation
As of January 2023, all newly registered TCR campaigns will be subject to manual review by the downstream Direct Connect Aggregator (DCA) and will be placed in Pending status until this review is completed. The Pending status will show on the TCR Compliance page, and will change to Approved once the review is complete. Campaigns pending approval will not be available to apply to groups or to the Broadcast inbox until they are approved. More info at What if my TCR campaign is Pending?
We recommend clients register for 10DLC as soon as possible. We expect campaigns to be approved within one business week, but approval could take longer.
- If your TCR campaign is not approved after one week, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Hustle has a new integration with Microsoft Dynamics! To get the Microsoft Dynamics integration, please reach out to your CSM. If you don't know who that is, reach out to email@example.com. For more information on the integration, please check out How do I get started with Microsoft Dynamics Integration?
- From the Admin Panel, Admins can navigate directly to Hustle's web app to access their workflows. Admins can click on their initials in the top right corner, they can click on My Workflows to skip to web.hustle.com.
- Campaign Verify tokens issued for the 2022 election cycle are expired as of January 31, 2023. Per Campaign Verify's website:
“Tokens for verification requests submitted to Campaign Verify prior to November 15, 2022 will expire on January 31, 2023. Tokens for verification requests submitted on November 15, 2022 and later will be valid until January 31, 2025.”
Texting with an expired token will result in very slow deliverability of your messages, and is not recommended. If you’d like to continue texting with that TCR Brand, here are the steps to get things updated:
- Apply for a new token from Campaign Verify: https://www.campaignverify.org/#signup
- Once you have your new token, you can update your TCR Brand in Hustle with that new token.
- Delete any TCR Campaigns under that Brand as they expired with the CV token.
- Create new TCR Campaigns under your updated TCR Brand.
- Link any groups you are using for messaging with the new TCR campaign(s).
If you run into any issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hustle will now automatically optimize video clips uploaded to the Media Library 🎉 For best practices for Video Clips, check out How do I send video clips in Hustle?
- Broadcast messages in the Inbox now display the Status and Time Sent.
- Media Library is launched! For Hustle organizations with MMS enabled, account and organization admins can add video clips to their organization for use in Hustle scripts. For more information, see: How do I send video clips in Hustle?
- Admins can archive video clips in the Media Library. From the Media Details page, press the red Archive button and the clip will move to a separate folder with archived media.
- To unarchive a clip, select the blue Unarchive button and the clip will return to the Media Library.
- Usage Reports at the Account and Organization level are live! Admins can track their Hustle usage. The Usage reports include metrics on distinct mobile numbers imported, active contacts, outbound messages sent, and other data. These reports include data for peer-to-peer messages and Broadcast activity (for organizations that have Broadcast enabled) that help admins keep track of their overall usage. For more information, see Using Reports as a Hustle Admin
- Broadcast goal details are visible on Goal Stats page. When admins click on a Broadcast name, they can see pending messages, sent messages, delivered messages, engagement rate, opt out rate, and error rate.
- Admins can choose a date and time for a broadcast to stop sending messages. Once the end date & time have passed, messages that have not yet been sent to carriers will be marked as “expired”. For more information see: How do I end a broadcast?
- Broadcast Message exports are now available from the Organization exports page for organizations with broadcast enabled.
- Because carrier networks take longer to deliver messages containing media, the broadcast goal form now includes an MMS Sending Estimate for broadcast messages that contain media. If a broadcast is estimated to take longer to send all messages than desired, consider reducing the number of contacts targeted in the broadcast.
- Broadcast capabilities can now be enabled for specific Organizations in an Account. A new Broadcast Status field is available from the Organization table of the Account Overview to identify organizations with broadcast enabled.
- Custom Fields are visible from the Inbox
- Agents can preview video clips from the agent apps
- Performance improvements to MMS throughput
Hustle Clips is live! Admins can now include 30 second video clips in the body of their messages and empower Agents to record quick personalized video clips for contacts in a workflow.
For more information on Clips check out How do I send video clips in Hustle?
For more information on Personalized Clips check out the following:
- Tags can be applied from the Inbox
- Admins can edit Contact Name, Notes, & Follow Up comments from the Inbox
Admins can send test messages of broadcasts to themselves from the preview tab of the broadcast script editor.
Broadcast goal stats are now available! Admins can review a broadcasts' stats by selecting the name of the broadcast from the Broadcasts page. Stats include:
- Pending: the number of messages awaiting to be sent
- Sent: the number of messages Hustle sent
- Delivered: the number of sent messages successfully delivered to carrier networks
- Engagement: the number of contacts who received the message and replied
- Opt out: The number of contacts who received the message and opted out
Error: the number of sent messages that were not successfully delivered
- carrier blocked: the number of sent messages carriers rejected
- failed: the number of messages that Hustle failed to send
- sending error: the number of remaining successfully sent messages that were not delivered
- Admins can now save their Broadcasts as drafts and return to them at a later date when ready to launch.
- The inbox updates in real-time with messages from contacts
- Unread messages are distinguished from read messages in the inbox
Introducing Broadcast & Inbox!
Broadcasts are outbound campaigns where Hustle will deliver an initial message automatically to contacts in an organization who are targeted in a broadcast. Replies to broadcasts from contacts are available from the Inbox of the organization where the broadcast was launched.
See How do I get Broadcast? for details on how to turn on Broadcast for your Hustle Account
If your organization has already signed up to use Hustle's messaging platform, contact your CSM.
- If you don't know who your CSM is, contact email@example.com with the email and phone number on your Hustle account.
- If your organization has never used Hustle and is interested in signing up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your organization has already signed up to use Hustle's messaging platform, contact your CSM.
- Introducing the Group Setup Bar. The setup bar includes the steps that admins must take to launch a Goal.
- Admins can specify which area code their group uses to send messages. How do I set up a group's phone number? has more detail.
- The group settings now includes a phone settings tab that displays the phone number the group is using to communicate with contacts.
- Admins have the option to upgrade their groups to use shared threads and a single phone number for all conversations moving forward. Starting April 1, all groups will be upgraded automatically by Hustle. For more information, see How do I upgrade my group?
- Hustle's Account Level S3 Exports now include "message_type" (SMS, MMS, CALL). For more information, see How do I export my Hustle account data?
- Admins can now duplicate goals across groups with different assignment strategies. For more information see How do I duplicate my goal?
- To help admins manage the phone numbers being used by TCR Campaigns, we've made a change so when groups get archived, the TCR Campaign gets removed. For more information, see How do I manage phone numbers with 10DLC?
- Admins can now remove TCR campaigns that have been applied to groups. For instructions on how to remove TCR campaigns, see How do I remove TCR campaigns from groups?
- Admins can now search for brands and campaigns on the Compliance tab using the display name. For more information, see How do I add an existing brand?
- We've improved our brand registration form! When admins enter an EIN, Hustle will search and try to fill in the brand reg. form based on the information we're able to match with the EIN. For more information, see How do I register for 10DLC with Hustle?
- Admins can now delete TCR brands and campaigns. For more information, see How do I register for 10DLC with Hustle?
- Admins can now register for 10DLC with Hustle! For information on what 10DLC is, see What is 10DLC?
- We've made our exports faster! Depending on the amount of data, it now takes up to 20 minutes to generate Group and Organization exports. For more information, see How do I export data from Hustle?
- We've reworked assignment strategies and changed how contacts get distributed to agents in new groups! Groups created on and after July 21, 2021 will now use one Shared strategy to distribute contacts to agents. For more information, see How do I use Shared groups?
- Admin can now target contacts based on their assignment status and which agent they're assigned to. For more information, see How do I target contacts in my goals?
- Hustle Admins can now enable MFA for their accounts from their profile settings! For more information, see How do I use multi-factor authentication (MFA) in Hustle?
- Hustle's script editor now lets admins know when a redirect link is being used and provides the destination link to use. For more information about writing scripts, see How do I write scripts?
- Account admins can now add other agents and admins to Hustle Studio. For more information, see How do I add agents and admins to Hustle Studio?
- Admins can now filter contacts based on assigned agent or assignment status. For more information, see How do I manage contacts in Hustle?
- Admins can now use the Conversation Review to send available threads in Anyone goals to specific agents. For more information, see How do I give threads to agents?
- We've released Hustle Studio, a new feature in the Hustle platform that allows admins to create and distribute personal videos via text message.
- We've added a new Assignments column to the Contacts tab. For more information, see How do I manage contacts in Hustle?
- Admins can now unassign all of the contacts assigned to an agent from the Agents tab. For more information, see: How do I unassign contacts?
Agents can now change their phone numbers from their Hustle profile settings at web.hustle.com/profile-settings. For more information, see How do I change my Hustle phone number?
- Admins can now Unassign leads on the Contacts tab. For more information, see How do I unassign contacts?
Admins can now change their phone numbers from their Hustle profile settings at admin.hustle.com/profile-settings. For more information, see How do I change my Hustle phone number?
- Admins can now download exports as .gz or .zip files. For more information, see How do I export data from Hustle?
- Note: Admins will need to click Update Export first to get the new .zip exports.
- In the messages export, inbound messages will now have the ID of the goals they were received in. For more information about our messages export, see Hustle admin exports dictionary.
- We've redesigned the group and org exports to help make them more unified and easier to read! You can find a detailed guide on these new changes in Hustle admin exports dictionary .
- Instructions on how to download the redesigned group and org exports can be found in How do I export data from Hustle?
- The Custom ID has now been retired. For more information, see How do I use custom fields?
- We've moved data stored in the Hustle custom ID field to a new custom field called custom_external_id. This new custom field isn't any different than other custom fields today. For more information, see How do I use custom fields?
- Agents can now review the response scripts of goals before beginning initial workflows. For more information, see How do I text using the Hustle web app?
- We've improved the error messaging for stuck CSV files when importing agents. For more information on importing agents, see How do I add agents to Hustle?
- Links that admins have pasted into Agent Instructions now open in a new tab. For more information about Agent Instructions see How do I use Hustle goals?
- Admins can now archive multiple groups at the same time. For more information, see How do I delete a group in Hustle?
- Admins now have 24 hours to reverse the archival of a group. For more information, see How do I delete a group in Hustle?
- Notifications are now available on the web app! For more information, see How do I text using the Hustle web app?
- Account admins can now set MMS protection at the account level for every organization in an account. For more information, see How do I manage harmful content?
- We've made improvements to the web app's UI so it's easier to mark lead actions. For more information about the web app, see How do I text using the Hustle web app?
When testing scripts in the Share a link goal type, the shortened link in preview messages will link to the page set in the goal form. For more information, see Goal type: Share a Link.
- We've redesigned workflows in the agent app! Workflows are now grouped by Goal.
- When creating goals, admins can now include instructions for agents. For more information, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- We've added an additional MMS Protection setting so agents can't unmask media. For more information, see How do I manage harmful content?
- When duplicating organizations, admins can now include active VAN Integrations. For more information, see What can account admins do?
- The last 4 digits of the VAN API key are visible on organizations VAN integrations page. For more information, see How do I connect my Hustle account with VAN?
- Hours of Operation will now include phone calls from contacts made outside of designated hours when an inbound routing number is not set. For more information, see How do I enable hours of operation?
- Hustle will automatically include p.s. you can reply stop to opt out at the end of all initial scripts. For more information, see Should I include opt out language?
- Admins can now pause goals! For more information, see How do I stop goals?
- We've released a new SMS protection setting that helps account admins manage the messages contacts send to agents. For more information, see How do I manage harmful content?
- Hustle will automatically include p.s. you can reply stop to opt out at the end of pre-filled scripts for new conversation scripts. For more information, see Should I include opt out language?
- If you try to save a script that doesn't follow best practices, a Script Warning will let you know. For more information, see How do I write scripts?
- We've made numerous stability and performance improvements to the Hustle mobile app. For more information, see How do I text using the Hustle mobile app?
- Better error messaging.
- We've made performance improvements to our integration with VAN making the sync to VAN much faster. For more information about our integration with VAN, see How do I connect my Hustle account with VAN?
- To improve the deliverability of messages, initial scripts now have a 500 character limit. All other scripts have a 1000 character limit. For more information about scripts, see How do I write scripts?
- Account admins can now delete leads. For more information, see How do I delete contacts from Hustle?
- Admin can now target contacts who weren't messaged or skipped. For more information, see How do I target contacts in my goals?
- To give group exports more visibility, we’ve moved them to the Groups menu bar. For more information, see How do I export data from my organization?
- A refresh button is now available for org. exports. For more information, see How do I export data from Hustle?
- A description field only visible to admins is now available on the goal form. For more information, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- A pop up now appears when leaving the drafts page reminding admins to save their changes. For more information, see How do I save my goals as drafts?
- The Agent CSV uploader will now deduplicate records in the import that have the same Agent Preferred Name and Phone Number.
- Hustle's Account Level S3 Exports now updates once a day. For more information, see How do I export my Hustle account data?
- We've made numerous stability and performance improvements to the Hustle mobile app. For more information, see How do I text using the Hustle mobile app?
- Reply batch sizes have decreased from 20 to 10. For more information see, How do I use Hustle goals?
- Initial workflows batch sizes have increased from 50 to 100. For more information, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- To give org. exports more visibility, we’ve moved them to the admin panel menu. For more information, see How do I export data from my organization?
- Admins can now assign and reassign specific contacts using the Contacts list menu. For more information, see How do I assign and reassign contacts to agents?
- Hustle has renewed its SOC II certification.
- Security enhancements.
- Mobile login and mobile performance improvements.
- Improvements to real time data transfers via integrations.
- Admins can now add and remove agents by syncing their agent list with a CSV file. For more information, see How do I add agents to groups?
- Performance improvements to the Admin Panel and the Hustle web and mobile app.
- Concluded beta testing to improve managing agents.
- Security improvements.
- When creating goals, Reminders are no longer enabled by default. For more information, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- The Send button in the mobile app is now larger for agents.
- Admins can now keep up-to-date on the changes made in Hustle, from the admin panel, by clicking See what's new! in the top right corner.
- Improved stability and responsiveness.
- If your VAN account uses "VAN My Voters" and "VAN My Campaign, My Members, My Workers" (Also known as VAN in Hustle) you can copy your integration to the other integration type! For more information see How do I connect my Hustle account with VAN?
- You can now set what area codes you prefer your groups to text from (based on availability). For more information see How do I text from a different area code? in How do I text from a specific area code?
- We've made improvements to how agents and admins sign up for Hustle! For more information see How do I create a Hustle Account?
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Account and Org admins can now archive groups. For more information see How do I delete a group in Hustle?
- You can now manage the tags on your contacts in bulk! From the contacts page, check the box next to contacts you’d like to tag. Then click > Apply Tags or Remove Tags and choose which tags you’d like to apply or remove from contacts.
- The goal form has been improved so admins can now set when workflows are available and closed. Admins can also refer to the Goal Calendar to see when initial and reminder workflows are active. For more information, see How do I use Hustle goals?
- Account administrators can now choose which specific organizations under their account can send outbound MMS. The option to enable outbound MMS for an organization is available in the Organizations tab of the Account Overview page.
- For Organizations with a VAN Integration, Admins can now manage integrations for goals at the bottom of the goal creation form for draft and launched goals. Managing your integrations in draft mode will ensure that all data is captured.